J. B. Brown Memorial Building Plaque

Dublin Core

Title

J. B. Brown Memorial Building Plaque

Description

Bronze plaque that relates the history of 529 Congress Street which once housed Rines Bros. Company.

Format

Coverage

Date Created

circa 1990

Medium

Bronze

Spatial Coverage

Temporal Coverage

1884
1977

Historical Marker Item Type Metadata

Inscription

A national and local landmark, The J.B. Brown Memorial Building, designed by Fassett and Stevens, was completed in 1883. Here at #529, since 1884, stood Rines Bros. Company until Oct 21, 1977. Rines finally closed its doors ten days after the death of its long-time President, Louis E. Weirder, associated with the store for nearly 50 year.

Files

image.jpg

Citation

“J. B. Brown Memorial Building Plaque,” Portland’s Historical Markers, accessed September 24, 2018, http://markers.portlandculturalhistory.org/items/show/317.

Geolocation