Browse Items (11 total)

A three foot by four foot shadow box, framed in brown painted wood. Inside on a white background are two smaller frames, also brown, one with a written description of the battle , and the other a painting of it.

image.jpg
An approximately 3 foot x 4 foot sign, with the name of the Historical District and some information about its history. Made to be read from street.

DSC_1154.JPG
Stone pillar with a bronze plaque on top. The pillar stands next to the John Ford statue. The inscription on the plaque covers the Corner's origin, history, and the fact it was the original location of the Irish population in the city.

Uncurrated 3 - 49.jpg
Life-size bronze statue of George Cleeves, standing on a granite base that forms two steps. Cleeves is standing erect, with one arm down holding a book and the other on his hip.

DSC_1083.JPG
A three foot by four foot shadow box, framed in brown painted wood. Inside on a white background are two smaller frames, also brown, one with a written description of the signing of the treaty, and the other a painting of the signing, with the…

Alice Greele's Tavern Marker.JPG
A three foot by four foot shadow box, framed in brown painted wood. On the top of the frame are the words "Historic Site" in gold letters. Inside on a white background are two smaller frames, also brown, one with a written description of the history…

Mill Stone.JPG
Roughly one third of a mill grinding stone with a bronze plaque attached that states that the stone in from a mill located nearby in 1746.

Fort Loyal Plaque.JPG
Plaque marking the site of the colonial Fort Loyal.

Peaks Island Settlers Stone (1).jpg
A stone tablet, dedicated to the first European settler of Peaks Island, Michael Mitton.

Cleeves Monument.JPG
It is composed of a light gray granite pier that sits on top of three rectangular blocks: the bottom block, the largest, is about 3 feet square and a foot and a half tall, the next is about 6 inches smaller and also a foot and a half tall; and the…

City Hall Plaque- Left.JPG
Bronze plaque on the left side of the main entrance to Portland City Hall. Inscription outlines the history of the city from 1632 to 1900.
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2